Mine Site Closure Planning, Rehabilitation & Monitoring
Protecting the environment, delivering good commercial outcomes, and ensuring long-term sustainable land use for post-mined land is fundamental to today’s adaptive and profitable mining operations.
Greencap assists clients in planning, implementing and monitoring the success of mine closure and rehabilitation projects to meet legislative requirements, environmental stewardship obligations, and project milestones by providing both innovative and cost-effective solutions.
Greencap has extensive experience in assisting the resources sector, with a team of nationally and internationally experienced professionals ready to assist you with all phases of your project, from feasibility planning to rehabilitation to post-closure monitoring.
Greencap's mine closure, planning, rehabilitation and monitoring services include:
- Mine Rehabilitation and Monitoring Plans
- Mine Closure Plans (including progressive mine rehabilitation closure planning)
- Environmental Management Plans
- Flora and Fauna Surveys (terrestrial and marine)
- Waste Characterisation and Management
- Surface Water and Groundwater Monitoring
- Soil Classification and Monitoring
- Rehabilitation Monitoring
- Noise and Dust Monitoring
- Licence Applications and Amendments
- Community Consultation and Land Access
- Tenure Management and Statutory Reporting
- Biodiversity Offset Services
- Access to a national team of experts
- Real-time monitoring and analysis of a wide range of vegetation and environmental factors, supported by expert advice to enable informed decision making
- Real-time monitoring of the rate of progress on mine rehabilitation projects, providing potential cost savings
- Accurate data capturing and management, including reporting against regulatory obligations
- Quantification of vegetation cover changes
- Interactive display of information comprehensible to a wide audience
- Integrated consulting services and remote sensing technology, providing a seamless experience through a single source of truth and one-stop-shop approach
- Assists in managing your regulatory obligations and maintaining your social licence to operate
- Enables cost savings through improved resource planning capabilities and efficient monitoring and reporting
Greencap, in partnership with leading technology providers, can also offer a uniquely integrated approach to both mine closure and rehabilitation planning and monitoring, by combining a range of expert consulting services with cutting edge remote sensing technologies.
Greencap can provide remote sensing platforms to deliver data and insights to provide assurance and compliance which, combined with our consulting expertise and experience, will have your organisation leading the way in progressive mine rehabilitation and land relinquishment.
This partnership model provides an unmatched level of assurance that the data is robust and can meet appropriate regulatory requirements and standards to provide the greatest value add and optimal commercial outcomes.
Contact Our Experts
Greencap acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and recognises their continuing connection to land, waters and culture. We pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging.