Asbestos Awareness - Identifying, Managing & Controlling Asbestos in the Workplace
Online Training Course
Greencap offers its own proprietary online asbestos training course, designed as a cost-effective introduction to asbestos in line with the WHS /OHS Acts across Australia.
This course is designed to equip managers, workers and occupants with necessary knowledge to reduce the risks of exposure to asbestos. It is a non-accredited course designed for trades, maintenance, property managers or anyone at risk of encountering asbestos or may need to work with small amounts of asbestos.
If you or your employees work at commercial or residential sites (particularly constructed prior to 2000) where asbestos is likely to be present, this course will assist you in identifying materials likely to contain asbestos and teach you the safety requirements for working with asbestos.
Register for the course to earn your certificate today
or Log In
1.5 Hours in Duration
- Laws and guidance around asbestos management
- Properties of asbestos and where it is found in buildings
- Health effects of exposure to asbestos
- Safe management of asbestos in the workplace
- Emergency procedures
- How to work safely with asbestos
- Personal protective equipment and its use
- Waste, packaging and handling
- Working with less than 10 square metres of asbestos
Series of multiple choice and true false questions throughout the course. A certificate will be issued following successful completion of the course.
The browser-based delivery allows training to be conducted at a time and place of the participant’s convenience. The course is approximately 1.5 hours in duration, and upon successful completion of the section tests, a student certificate is issued.