Fire Safety Order Management
Local and ﬁre-ﬁghting authorities are, in many states and territories, provided with powers under state building and development legislation to issue Fire Safety Orders (or similar) to direct property owners to upgrade part or all of a building to comply with contemporary fire safety requirements, despite complying with all requirements as in force at the time of building construction.
Greencap can assist property owners in managing their response to such orders.
This would typically involve the following:
- Review the terms of the Order, including the nature of upgrades being directed and the duration of time being speciﬁed for each upgrade
- Undertake an audit of the property to verify deﬁciencies identiﬁed in the Order
- Meet with the property owner and associated stakeholders to discuss the implications of each term of the Order, and to identify opportunities to put forward alternative upgrade strategies or timeframes to those contained within the Order
- Make representations to the authorities in relation to the terms of the Order on behalf of the property owner, and
- Project-manage agreed upgrade works and subsequent certiﬁcation.
Contact Our Experts
Greencap acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and recognises their continuing connection to land, waters and culture. We pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging.