Contractor Safety Management Systems
Using contractors does not remove your obligations to ensure the work is performed in a safe manner. Greencap provides a range of services to assist organisation in demonstrating due diligence and effectively managing the safety of contractors onsite.
The three stages of contractor management need to be understood by the organisation to be successful in implementation of an effective system.
Stage 1: Contract Specification
Clear specification of health and safety requirements to contractors
Stage 2: Tender Evaluation
Verification of what has been presented on paper against what can be practically demonstrated
Stage 3: Contractor Monitoring and Supervision
Ensuring that contractors are implementing safety processes
Greencap’s highly experienced consultants work with a broad range of organisations to help them successfully implement contractor management systems that suit the style of the organisation and provide commercial and safety benefits including:
- A clear understanding of contractor health and safety management obligations and processes
- The development and implementation of a systematic approach to managing contractors
- The effective management of contractor health and safety risks
- Practical systems for managing contractors that are operationally relevant
Review procedures and practices
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current processes for managing contractor safety onsite
- Identify gaps and improvement opportunities
- Develop Action Plans which set out priorities, targets and timelines.
Development of systems
- Processes that consider the types of contracts, range of work settings and contract management arrangements
- Systems include health and safety management policies, health and safety specification clauses, tender review checklists and key performance measures.
Contractor induction programs
- Development of programs to ensure contractors are fully informed
- Preparation of induction kits
- Contractor induction passports.
- Provide stakeholders with contractor management skills
- Incorporation of case studies of existing contracts
- Learning outcomes measured.
ContinuONE Risk Management System
The ContinuONE (formerly known as Rm3) Risk Management System is a web-based platform that will enable you to efficiently manage your compliance obligations and risks in real time across multiple sites.
With ContinuONE working for you, you can:
- Record, analyse and report on compliance and risk data
- Integrate with other databases
- Track progress of corrective actions and recommendations
- Email escalation of overdue or critical items