Development & Environmental Approvals
Increasingly, environmental awareness and a stronger drive to be involved in environmentally sustainable practices, together with stricter legislative requirements is driving many organisations to complete Environmental Impact Statements/Assessments.
Each State or Territory across Australia and New Zealand has their own nomenclature and documentation that needs to be prepared to support mining and development approval. Greencap’s skilled consultants understand the principles of completing a successful Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) - stakeholder communication, issues management, scope appropriate investigations and deliver a high-quality report.
At Greencap, the knowledge and experience of organising and communicating project requirements is supported by a wide variety of in-house skill sets across multiple areas including:
- Mine Management Plans
- Stakeholder/Public Engagement
- Project Management
- Feasibility Assessment
- Baseline Investigations
- Tenement management
- Exploration and mining approvals
The Greencap tenement management team provide a range of mining and exploration tenement management services to help clients ensure compliance with relevant requirements in each Australian and New Zealand jurisdiction.
The legislative environment is in a state of constant change and Greencap provide current, comprehensive, constructive advice and updates to ensure your activities are valid and your tenement portfolio is in good standing.
The cornerstone of the service is Greencap’s Land Asset Management System database (LAMS), developed in-house in conjunction with industry leaders. LAMS is a major tool in our armoury to protect your assets. Greencap can regularly monitor and review your tenement portfolio to ensure compliance with legislative timeframes and provide you with timely reminders.
Greencap can manage your tenements in Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, South Australia, New South Wales, Victoria and New Zealand.
- Preparation and lodgement of applications and renewals for mining, exploration, development and production tenures
- Regular monitoring of prospective areas for tenement acquisition
- Production and lodgement of technical reports and work programs
- Liaison with government departments
- Mine Management Plans
- Comprehensive GIS support
Land Access Services
- Consultations and negotiations between explorers and landholders
- Negotiating and drafting land access agreements
- Supporting your team in the field with strategic advice and legislative interpretation
- Issuing entry notices to landholders
- Monitoring agreements, and reporting on compliance
Native Title and Cultural Heritage
As a complex component of the Australian legal landscape, native title and related indigenous cultural heritage issues can have a significant impact on project approvals, and the timing and commencement of project activities.
Greencap assists our clients in building working relationships with indigenous stakeholders while achieving compliance with all relevant legislation and statutory processes. We work with our clients to obtain the consent of native title parties and comply with the cultural heritage duty of care at the earliest possible stages of project development.
Our qualified practitioners have strong experience in senior positions within government, consulting and industry and are focussed on delivering practical solutions to our clients.
Greencap offer a range of services to manage the negotiation process including dealing with government agencies, native title parties, interest groups and farmers.
Native Title and ALRA Services
- Advice on native title risks and processes
- Right to Negotiate agreements
- Indigenous Land Use Agreements
- Assessment of native title issues as part of a diligence report
- Assessment of native title extinguishment
- Section 41 Proposals under the Northern Territory’s Aboriginal Land Rights Act (ALRA)
- Cultural Heritage Management Plans and other agreements
- Liaison with Aboriginal Parties and Traditional Owners
- Coordination of cultural heritage site inspections
Contact Our Experts
Greencap acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and recognises their continuing connection to land, waters and culture. We pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging.