Fire Safety Compliance & Risk Audits
Fire Safety Compliance Audits are an integral component of the current ﬁre services maintenance standard AS 1851-2012 and of Greencap’s Annual Statutory Fire and Essential Safety Measures Certification services It is also oﬀered as a standalone service which may be extended and combined with a risk audit to assist building owners, managers and occupiers in meeting their general risk management obligations; their statutory obligation to provide a safe place of work, and to prepare for loss prevention audits.
A comprehensive building audit to determine any ﬁre safety compliance and risk deficiencies includes:
- Inspection of all ﬁre safety measures and paths of travel with the building to verify consistency with the nominated standards of performance
- Veriﬁcation that ﬁre safety installations are being maintained to the required standards
- Gap analysis between current ﬁre code requirements and the requirements in force at the time of building construction
- Identiﬁcation of adverse housekeeping and management practices presenting increased risk to life and property, and
- Veriﬁcation that storage practices are consistent with sprinkler / hydrant design parameters.
Greencap has comprehensive experience in servicing clients with a range of large, national property portfolios, ensuring compliance with relevant state-based requirements, adding value, and ensuring appropriate risk mitigation across the portfolio.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are Fire Safety Compliance & Risk Audits carried out?
Fire safety compliance & risk audits may be carried out to:
- Support an Annual Statutory Fire and Essential Safety Measures Certification process
- Contribute to a technical due diligence process
- Assist a client in meeting their obligations with respect to the management of safety risks in the workplace, and
- Support a client’s risk management objectives with respect to occupant life safety, asset protection and business continuity.
Contact Our Experts
Greencap acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and recognises their continuing connection to land, waters and culture. We pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging.