Asbestos Training - CPCCDE3015A Remove Friable Asbestos (Class A)
This course provides participants with the knowledge and practical skills to facilitate the safe removal of friable asbestos containing materials, for a person or company who holds an A Class Asbestos Removal Licence. The Remove Friable Asbestos course is comprehensive and delivered by leaders in hazardous materials management
The Remove Friable Asbestos course enables you to undertake the following work:
- Assess the scope of a friable asbestos removal project
- Compulsory notification of the parties involved in removal
- Prepare the asbestos removal area for work
- Isolate removal site with the required fencing and signage
- Build a plastic sheet enclosure
- Use of a multi-stage decontamination unit
- Use of a negative air unit
- Use glove bags
- Cut-and-wrap technique
- Use and maintain HEPA filter vacuum cleaners
- Undertake smoke testing
- Select and wear the correct PPE
- Carry out friable asbestos removal with hand tools
- Double-wrap and bag asbestos waste
- Carry out decontamination of workers, tools and work area
- Dispose of asbestos waste at a licensed tip
This course is designed for those who wish to work in Asbestos Removal. People wishing to work on with friable asbestos removal jobs must successful complete this unit to be deemed appropriately qualified.
Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 Clause 460:
460 (1) A licensed asbestos removalist must not direct or allow a worker to carry out licensed asbestos removal work unless the removalist is satisfied that the worker holds a certification in relation to the specified VET course for asbestos removal relevant to the class of licensed asbestos removal work to be carried out by the worker.
Unit of Competency
CPCCDE3015A Remove Friable Asbestos (Class A)
Assessment for this unit of competency will be by simulation of workplace practices. Assessment will occur over a range of situations and scenarios. Assessment will also be conducted through actual demonstration of competencies and written and oral testing of underpinning knowledge.
Training will be delivered utilising theory and practical activities. Simulation will be based on actual conditions and will include walk-throughs of the relevant competency components. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios.
CPCCWHS1001 - Prepare to work safely in the construction industry (Construction Industry White Card)
Language, literacy and numeracy skills are required to work on sites containing friable asbestos and complete workplace documentation.