Asbestos Training - CPCCDE3014A Remove Non-Friable Asbestos (Class B)
This asbestos training provides participants with the knowledge and practical skills to safely work in the removal of non-friable asbestos containing materials. Upon successful completion participants may consider working with builders, asbestos removal contractors, and demolition contractors in removing asbestos. The course is delivered by leaders in hazardous materials management.
The Remove Non-Friable Asbestos course enables you to undertake the following work:
- Assess the scope of a non-friable asbestos removal project
- Compulsory notification of the parties involved in removal
- Prepare the asbestos removal area for work
- Isolate removal site with the required fencing and signage
- Select asbestos removal tools
- Select and wear the correct PPE
- Carry out non-friable asbestos removal with hand tools
- Double-wrap and bag asbestos waste
- Carry out decontamination of workers, tools and work area
- Dispose of asbestos waste at a licensed tip
This nationally recognised Remove Non-Friable Asbestos course is designed for anyone who may be required to remove or supervise the removal of asbestos in Australia.
Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 Clause 460
460 (1) A licensed asbestos removalist must not direct or allow a worker to carry out licensed asbestos removal work unless the removalist is satisfied that the worker holds a certification in relation to the specified VET course for asbestos removal relevant to the class of licensed asbestos removal work to be carried out by the worker.
Unit of Competency
CPCCDE3014A Remove Non-friable Asbestos (Class B)
Assessment for this unit of competency will be by simulation of workplace practices. Assessment will occur over a range of situations and scenarios. Assessment will also be conducted through actual demonstration of competencies and written and oral testing of underpinning knowledge.
Training will be delivered utilising theory and practical activities. Simulation will be based on actual conditions and will include walk-throughs of the relevant competency components. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios.
CPCCWHS1001 - Prepare to work safely in the construction industry (Construction Industry White Card)
Language, literacy and numeracy are required to complete the training and assessment.