Asbestos Training - CPCCBC4051A Supervise Asbestos Removal
The Supervise Asbestos Removal course is delivered by leaders in hazardous materials management. It prepares participants to work as a Nominated Supervisor on asbestos removal jobs, ensuring the safe and correct removal of asbestos containing material. The course includes planning the removal process, ensuring compliance with Asbestos Removal Control Plans and supervising the decontamination and removal processes.
The Supervise Asbestos Removal course enables you to undertake supervision of the following work:
- Assess the scope of an asbestos removal project
- Interpreting asbestos registers
- Compulsory notification of the parties involved in removal
- Dealing with the WHS regulator in your state or territory
- Site compliance and site documentation
- Liaising with Asbestos Assessors
- Prepare the asbestos removal area for work
- Isolate removal site with the required fencing and signage
- Construction of a containment sheet enclosure
- Undertake smoke testing
- Select and wear the correct PPE
- Carry out asbestos removal with hand tools
- Management of asbestos waste
- Manage decontamination of workers, tools and work area
- Disposal of asbestos waste at a licensed tip
- Obtaining clearance certification
This course is designed for those who wish to work as Nominated Supervisors in Asbestos Removal. A Nominated Supervisor is legally required in both friable and non-friable asbestos removal jobs. Upon successful completion of this unit the participant will be deemed a Supervisor.
Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 Clause 460
460 (1) A licensed asbestos removalist must not direct or allow a worker to carry out licensed asbestos removal work unless the removalist is satisfied that the worker holds a certification in relation to the specified VET course for asbestos removal relevant to the class of licensed asbestos removal work to be carried out by the worker.
Unit of Competency
CPCCBC4051A Supervise Asbestos Removal
Assessment for this unit of competency will be by simulation of workplace practices. Assessment will occur over a range of situations and scenarios. Assessment will also be conducted through actual demonstration of competencies and written and oral testing of underpinning knowledge.
Training will be delivered utilising theory and practical activities. Simulation will be based on actual conditions and will include walk throughs of the relevant competency components. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios.
CPCCWHS1001 - Prepare to work safely in the construction industry (Construction Industry White Card)
Language, literacy and numeracy skills are required to work as a Nominated Supervisor on sites with asbestos containing materials and complete appropriate workplace documentation.