Environmental Management Systems
An Environmental Management System (EMS) will enable you to manage environmental issues in a cohesive and systematic manner. Developing and implementing an EMS is a proactive way of managing your environmental risks and demonstrates to staff and customers that you are committed to improved environmental performance.
- Reviewing the adequacy of existing systems
- Undertaking a gap analysis against AS/NZS/ISO 14001
- Identifying environmental aspects and impacts
- Development of environmental policies and procedures
- Assisting with the development, implementation and, where required, certification of the environmental management system (EMS)
Greencap works closely with clients to develop tailored environmental management systems.
- Providing a formal system for achieving environmental compliance and demonstrating due diligence
- Financial benefits through efficient resource use, pollution reduction, lower waste treatment and disposal costs
- Improved identification and management of environmental risk
- Potential for improved access to finance and insurance
- Demonstratable environmental commitment and environmental stewardship
- Consistency across a variety of departments within an organisation
- An improved corporate image which may provide a competitive edge