Asbestos in Soil Management
Asbestos is often found as one of the contaminants in soil and comes in a range of forms, sizes and degrees of deterioration in the form of:
- Asbestos-Containing Material (ACM)
- Fibrous Asbestos (FA)
- Asbestos Fines (AF)
Sites can be contaminated by former waste disposal, industry and other activities. The contamination is frequently discovered during changes to land use, for example industrial to residential, and can have considerable implications for local councils, landowners, prospective purchasers and other stakeholders.
Greencap’s Environmental team deliver expert assessment and auditing of land to provide assurance regarding the management and/or remediation of contamination on a site and its suitability for use.
- Consultation on EPA or WorkSafe requirements surrounding Asbestos in soil
- Soil testing in accordance with the National Environmental Protection Measure 2013
- Asbestos Management Responsibility
- Asbestos in Soil Management Plans
- Planning for Asbestos Abatement Works
- Consultation on soil abatement techniques and options