News & Insights
Greencap’s Response to Melbourne's Ongoing Lockdown & Restrictions
In response to growing cases of COVID-19, the Victorian government has placed the state into an extended lockdown that began on the 5th of August. Metropolitan Melbourne is under ‘Stay at Home Directions’, whereas Regional Victoria is under ‘Stay Safe Directions’, read more about the difference here.
As of the 17th of August, a permit is required to leave the home for work purposes. Face masks are mandatory indoors and outdoors, including all workplaces and secondary schools.
There is also a curfew that is applied every night from 9pm until 5am (at this stage unti 2 September 2021).
The reasons people can leave home are:
- Shopping for necessary goods and services – one person per household, once per day, a support person can accompany if an individual is incapacitated (such as a disability or elderly)
- Caregiving or compassionate reasons
- Essential work or permitted education (for example, the child of an essential worker). A permit is required for working outside the home
- Exercise outdoors with one other person in your 5km bubble
- Getting vaccinated or tested.
Victorian travel is limited to 5km from place of primary residence.
Under the new directives, many of Greencap’s team based in Victoria will be working from home, but will continue to support client projects, requests and training.
The laboratory in Greencap’s Kew East location is continuing to operate under stringent Covid-safe plans.
Scheduled site works may be delayed due to the directives, please get in touch with your Greencap contact person or contact the Melbourne office for more.
If you’d like information for NSW, please click here.
For more information, Greencap’s Melbourne office can be contacted via:
Phone: 03 9896 8600
Email: [email protected]
Greencap’s Service Availability and Response to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)