News & Insights
Asbestos Awareness Week - Maintaining & Reviewing Registers & Management Plans
In 2020, Asbestos Awareness Week runs from 23 - 29 November with the theme ‘asbestos lurks in more places than you’d think’, supplemented with the sub-theme ‘before you start, be aware’. The campaign messaging has three parts:
- KNOW the health risks of asbestos exposure
- BE AWARE of where asbestos might be found before you start work
- CALL a professional to check, remove and dispose of it safely.
This year, Greencap is sharing short pieces about asbestos regulations, requirements and best practices. This third piece focuses on the requirements around maintaining and reviewing asbestos registers and asbestos management plans.
Maintaining & Reviewing Asbestos Registers & Management Plans
A person with management or control of a workplace must ensure an asbestos register is reviewed and, where necessary, revised by a competent person if:
- The asbestos management plan is reviewed
- Further asbestos or ACM is identified at the workplace, or
- Asbestos is removed from or disturbed, sealed or enclosed at the workplace
However, though the regulations state this, competent personnel may advise earlier review dates, depending on items found on-site and the need to review more high-risk asbestos containing materials (ACM’s).
Greencap Partners with Reflections as National Risk Management Supporter
Greencap is proud to announce its appointment as National Risk Management Supporter of Reflections - a not-for-profit committed to reducing the impact of asbestos on the community.
Learn in depth about asbestos labelling and signage requirements and more in Greencap's Online Asbestos Awareness Training course