News & Insights
New COVID-19 Notification Requirements for Workplaces in Victoria
From 29 July 2020, employers and self employed persons with management or control of a workplace must notify WorkSafe Victoria as soon as they become aware that an employee, contractor, sub-contractor or self-employed person has received a positive diagnosis of COVID-19 and that individual has attended their workplace within the 'relevant infection period'.
How to notify WorkSafe Victoria of a COVID-19 diagnosis in the workplace
Once becoming aware of a positive diagnosis:
- Notify WorkSafe Victoria immediately on 13 23 60
- WorkSafe will lodge the incident details and you will be emailed a link to an online incident notification form
- You will be advised by WorkSafe if an inspector will make a site visit and whether the incident scene can be disturbed before their attendance
- You will need to complete the online incident notification form within 48 hours
- You will receive a confirmation email with a copy of your records
- This record must be retained for at least five years
For more information and the full process, visit the WorkSafe Victoria website.