Abatement Works and Asbestos Risks
Asbestos abatement projects must be performed in strict compliance with environmental and Work Health and Safety (WHS) protection practices. Greencap has considerable experience in the preparation of specifications for asbestos abatement projects, and the management of asbestos abatement programs.
- Compliance with legislative and WHS requirements
- Cost effective removal of asbestos materials whilst maintaining high standards of personal protection against asbestos exposure
- Costing models for planning maintenance and removal projects
- Large number of Licensed Asbestos Assessors.
- Licensed Asbestos Assessor activities
- Assess contractor’s submission and assist in the selection of asbestos removal contractors
- Provide documentation on asbestos abatement procedures, work practices and personal protective equipment requirements
- Ensure project specifications and abatement procedures are followed
- Review and prepare Asbestos Removal Control plans
- Review and prepare Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS)
- Undertake air clearance monitoring in the asbestos work areas to determine levels of airborne asbestos fibres, and hence suitability for resuming routine work activities in that area
- Co-ordination of all personnel: contractors, sub-contractors and client staff
- On site inductions
- Expert witness advice on all asbestos abatement activities
- Containment (bubble) inspections and smoke testing to ensure containment and controls are effective prior to asbestos removal works commencing
- Set up on site NATA accredited laboratory
- Clearance inspections (certification) to obtain a clearance to reoccupy.