Asbestos Risk Management
The management of asbestos materials and products in workplaces is widely legislated across Australia. Achieving the standards of work health and safety of employees, contractors and the general public is the basis of managing your asbestos obligations as a duty holder.
Duty holders including a ‘person conducting a business or undertaking’ (PCBU) Employers, property owners and or building occupiers are required to ensure that asbestos risks are effectively controlled to minimise exposure to employees and anyone entering the workplace.
Greencap can assist in developing a range of systems and risk control strategies to meet compliance requirements and provide effective solutions to managing asbestos risk issues in the workplace.
The legislation across all states and territories maintain that all PCBUs or controllers of the workplace must:
- Identify asbestos or asbestos containing material (ACM) presence and location through a risk assessment/asbestos register
- All asbestos samples analysis is to be conducted by a NATA Accredited laboratory
- Label asbestos materials
- Asbestos Management Plan in place for workplaces that contain asbestos materials
- Conduct Asbestos Awareness Training
- Review and maintain the asbestos registers prior to and post any demolition/refurbishment work or the material condition changes
- Engage licensed asbestos removal contractors conduct asbestos removal works for asbestos any removal of non-friable >10m2 or all friable asbestos materials
- Engage a competent person or asbestos assessor to undertake a clearance inspection for all non-friable asbestos removal works >10m2
- Engage a Licensed Asbestos Assessor to conduct Asbestos Fibre Air Monitoring and Clearance Inspections for all friable asbestos removal works
- Conduct health monitoring and surveillance when workers work with asbestos materials.
Asbestos and Hazardous Risk Assessment Audits
Laboratory Asbestos Analysis and Monitoring
Abatement Works and Asbestos Risks
Risk Communication, Induction and Training
Asbestos and Hazardous Materials Management Programs
Hazardous Building Materials Audits